Corporate Consulting and Training
Laurel started “Prep People” in the early 2000’s to help large corporate companies who pride themselves on exemplary customer service. Her expertise is helping people fine tune their grooming skills, so they present immaculately. Prep People’s services include:
- grooming policy and guideline development
- production and delivery of online, as well as face to face skills and motivational training
- management training to ensure 100% compliance, (includes components on “having difficult conversations”),
- mystery shop service to provide real time feedback.
Prep People’s clients include: McDonalds, Gucci, Qantas, Nespresso, Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, Serco,
Laurel also provides consultative advice and training to the Cosmetics industries, working with clients such as LVMH, Coty, and Trimex on their brands Dior, Make Up For Ever, Benefit Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Rimmel London.
Qantas Case Study & Testimonial
In 2013 Qantas embarked upon the mammoth task of producing a new uniform for our combined customer experience team.
In September 2013 we enlisted Prep People to help us communicate the new “look” to our people (More than 10,000 customer facing staff). Prep People were a natural choice – they helped us communicate our last uniform back in 2004, and continue to work closely with us delivering training in image and presentation to our cabin crew as part of their induction training – they know our brand!
As part of the communication of the new Uniform, and updated image and presentation policy, Prep People designed and delivered programs which covered:
- “Managing Image and Presentation” a program for managers to help them prepare for the change. Because Prep People were able to identify pain points and potential issues when moving from our then current look (which had been in place for 10 years) to the new look. This program included a component of “having difficult conversations”, for successful and positive outcomes and a 100% compliance on day one, which was our objective.
- Communicating the new look to our customer experience team particularly those parts of the business, which had not been supported with I&P training on this level to-date. The training objective was to raise the standard of Image and Presentation in areas such as the ground staff team, lounges and Freight so that the transition to the new uniform was seamless across the whole Customer experience team. Some areas of the Freight business had recently been acquired and this training, which included a brand component, helped to make the transition for those team members smooth and easy.
- Prep People also provided hair and makeup artists to ensure our team looked 100% on brand when they performed at various PR and media events as part of a soft launch for the Uniform.
The Uniform project was an overwhelming success and Prep People were a vital part in helping make the change for Qantas. Laurels experience, attention to detail, genuine style of delivery and solutions based approach made her an
indispensible member of the team. We always knew our needs were number one priority for Prep People and we would not hesitate to recommend them to any company seeking help with appearance.
Head of Uniform project 2013
Laurel Brown is a gifted facilitator who is highly skilled at passing on complicated application techniques in a way that empowers the participants to try them for themselves.
We have a team with a mixed bag of make-up expertise and she was able to perfectly unite their activities enabling everyone to walk away with a greater level of confidence and competence in make-up application and sales expertise.
Her extensive experience in the industry is invaluable and we were all both impressed and inspired by her ability to communicate her knowledge and enthusiasm for the Make Up For Ever brand. Thanks for an exceptional training, Laurel.
National Training Manager – Time Fragrance Division